Table of Contents¶
This is the manual for pgRouting 2.0.0 (0a53b89 master).
The pgRouting Manual is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Feel free to use this material any way you like, but we ask that you attribute credit to the pgRouting Project and wherever possible, a link back to http://pgrouting.org. For other licenses used in pgRouting see the License page.
- Getting started
- Routing Topology for an overview of a topology for routing algorithms.
- Graph Analytics for an overview of the analysis of a graph.
- Custom Query that is used in the routing algorithms.
- Performance Tips to improve your performance.
- User’s wrapper contributions to colaborate with a wrapper.
- Use’s Recipes contributions to colaborate with a recipe.
- Sample Data that is used in the examples of this manual.
For a more complete introduction how to build a routing application read the pgRouting Workshop.
- pgr_createTopology - to create a topology based on the geometry.
- pgr_createVerticesTable - to reconstruct the vertices table based on the source and target information.
- pgr_analyzeGraph - to analyze the edges and vertices of the edge table.
- pgr_analyzeOneway - to analyze directionality of the edges.
- pgr_nodeNetwork -to create nodes to a not noded edge table.
- pgr_apspJohnson- All Pairs Shortest Path, Johnson’s Algorithm
- pgr_apspWarshall - All Pairs Shortest Path, Floyd-Warshall Algorithm
- pgr_astar - Shortest Path A*
- pgr_bdAstar - Bi-directional A* Shortest Path
- pgr_bdDijkstra - Bi-directional Dijkstra Shortest Path
- pgr_dijkstra - Shortest Path Dijkstra
- pgr_kDijkstra - Mutliple destination Shortest Path Dijkstra
- pgr_ksp - K-Shortest Path
- pgr_tsp - Traveling Sales Person
- pgr_trsp - Turn Restriction Shortest Path (TRSP)
- Developers’s Functions
- pgr_getColumnName - to get the name of the column as is stored in the postgres administration tables.
- pgr_getTableName - to retrieve the name of the table as is stored in the postgres administration tables.
- pgr_isColumnIndexed - to check if the column is indexed.
- pgr_isColumnInTable - to check only for the existance of the column.
- pgr_pointToId -to insert/get the id of the inserted point in a vertices table.
- pgr_quote_ident - to quotes the input text to be used as an identifier in an SQL statement string.
- pgr_version - to get pgRouting’s version information.
- pgr_versionless - to compare two version numbers.
- pgr_startPoint - to get the start point of a (multi)linestring.
- pgr_endPoint - to get the end point of a (multi)linestring.